What are the top crypto wallets out there?

I’ve been eyeing a Ledger wallet for ages, so that’s a given. But now I’m considering Trezor too. What wallets do you guys use? Any pros and cons you can share about Trezor or other options?

Thanks a bunch! Have a great week, everyone!

3 Likes

I go for the Coldcard mk4 hardware wallet paired with the Sparrow wallet on my desktop. Then, I keep an eye on everything using Bluewallet on my phone. For lightning, I use Phoenix wallet, and for other lightning transactions, I stick with Wallet of Satoshi.

3 Likes

I actually opt for a USB flash drive with Tails OS installed on it. Tails OS comes with Electrum pre-installed. And I make sure to only use that flash drive on an old laptop where I’ve taken out the hard disk and WiFi/Bluetooth card for added security.

3 Likes

Mr. Flippa, then what happens or what’s next for you if you happen to lose the USB flash drive?

2 Likes

Okay Okay, let me wait for more answers 'cause this is getting more interesting!

2 Likes

I’ve got an old laptop that I factory reset, then I downloaded Bitcoin Core and set it up to run a full node. It’s dedicated solely to being my BTC wallet, nothing else.

1 Like

But hey Gabbana, can I do this with a smartphone?

Ledger is a great choice, it’s definitely a popular one. But before you decide, I’ve been looking into Trezor too – they seem to be really secure, with offline storage for your crypto keys which helps avoid online hacks. They even have a recovery system in case you lose your device. The only thing is they don’t have a mobile app and some folks say they aren’t as flashy. On the other hand, some Ledger users mention it can be a bit trickier to set up. Maybe others can share their experiences with either Trezor or Ledger to help us choose?