Sam Bankman-Fried was sentenced to 25 years in prison

The scammer was hit hard and it is 25 years behind bars and huge financial requirement

https://www.reuters.com/technology/sam-bankman-fried-be-sentenced-multi-billion-dollar-ftx-fraud-2024-03-28/

I think 25 years is too lenient. It shuld’ve been longer. Talk of 50 or even more :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Sam Bankman-Fried, who started FTX, got a 25-year jail term for running a huge fraud in the US.

People in the crypto world are comparing his sentence to Ross Ulbricht’s life sentence.

Ross made Silk Road, a website for illegal things.

The consequences are severe, but opinions may vary on whether it was worth it.

I agree, they should have put the man in an electric chair. A lot of hopes and dreams were lost. Some people I know are still in depression due to losing a lot of money. Can we really blame the SEC though?

I think the SEC did a good job in the prosecution and conviction of Sam Altman.
Albeit, their intervention was too late, they outed Sam Altman as a “person who built a house of cards on a foundation of deception”.

The timely/untimely intervention of the SEC revealed Sam Altman had defrauded public members who had invested equity in his company FTX Trading Ltd. Later he would divert these funds into his privately held crypto hedge fund, the Alameda research.