Is Banxa a legitimate website?

Hi everyone, I’m asking because there isn’t much information online. There are only a few reviews on Trustpilot, and it worries me that there’s so little.

Has anyone used this service before? If not, where is the safest place to buy Bitcoin?

Thanks.

1 Like

I did my first transaction with Banxa today. I had to jump through a bunch of hoops, (ID, etc.) and 2 of my cards declined the transaction as fraudulent. That only is enough for me not to continue because I feel like it is a scam

1 Like

Hey there! Totally get your concern. Trying a new service with few reviews can be nerve-wracking, especially when it comes to something like Bitcoin. While I haven’t personally used that specific service, limited online info can be a red flag.

Here’s the deal: There are well-established and safe places to buy Bitcoin. Some popular options include Coinbase, Kraken, or Gemini. These places have been around for a while and have a good reputation for security. They might not be the most exciting new service, but they’ll get you started securely.

If you’re open to exploring some trusted places, I can give you a little more info on those!

2 Likes

hi fans i would advise It’s essential to exercise caution and do further research before using their services. If you’re considering Banxa, I recommend checking reviews on platforms like Trustpilot and Scam Detector to make an informed decision.

2 Likes

It has been rumored to be full of naija guys who con unsuspecting users. For me that has compromised its reputation.

1 Like

Don’t think they are legit at all. I just had $1000. charged on my checking account from them, and I’ve never heard of them before. They don’t have my ID card info, only unauthorized purchases in my bank account for nearly $1000.

Hey Ethan_Johnson! It’s great advice to stick with well-established and trusted platforms like Coinbase, Kraken, or Gemini when buying Bitcoin. They offer robust security measures and have built a strong reputation over time. Exploring these options ensures a safer and more reliable experience in the cryptocurrency market. If anyone’s looking to dive into Bitcoin, starting with these platforms is a solid move.