If I invest $20 in Bitcoin today, what might happen?

Hi everyone,

I’m 25 years old. I’ve researched a lot about Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. Last night, I bought my first bits of Bitcoin. Now, what should I do? Should I do more research or just let my investment sit? I’m new to all of this, so any advice would be really helpful. Thanks!

1 Like

while you didn’t buy on the dip, you need to be hopeful that the current price of Bitcoin may rise, else you might make a loss. My advice is: find more money and invest in more bitcoins if you want to make any significant profit.

3 Likes

Better money is Bitcoin. The idea is to get as much bitcoin as you can for your less valuable currency. Twenty dollars is a good place to start. I would arrange for as many recurring purchases of $20 USD as you can without endangering your finances, then simply enjoy the journey. This will safeguard and grow your money while preparing you for the future.

$20 on bitcoin is very little money. :rofl: You should have eaten 2 - $10 large Italian subs

Continue adding twenty each week, if you can. If you intend to hold for a long time, this would be a great approach to DCA.

Take your Bitcoin off the exchange and put it on a hardware wallet or a Tails USB. Get used to taking care of your own Bitcoin now, so you won’t have to learn in a hurry if you have more than you can afford to lose.

If you want to learn more, I can recommend about 30 books. The best one to start with is The Bitcoin Standard by Saifedean Ammous. For a podcast, What Bitcoin Did by Peter McCormack is great for beginners. Listening to his talks with Lyn Alden alone can fill up a whole weekend.

1 Like