How Many of You Hold a Significant Amount of Bitcoin?

You know, I’ve been thinking about something lately. How many folks out there really get Bitcoin and actually own it? It seems like a small number, doesn’t it?
https://bitinfocharts.com/top-100-richest-bitcoin-addresses.html

I mean, if you check out the Bitcoin rich list, there are fewer than 4.5 million addresses holding more than 0.1 BTC, which is where I draw the line for meaningful ownership. I know it might sound like a lot to some, but let’s stick with that figure for now.

If we assume that each person has, say, around 5 addresses on average, that means there are less than a million people worldwide who hold more than 0.1 BTC.

Do you think Bitcoin is just too complex for most people to understand and get into?

Hey @DolphGabbana, I’ve pondered over the same question myself. Bitcoin definitely seems to be a hot topic lately, but when you look at the numbers, it does make you wonder how many people truly grasp it and are actively involved.

I checked out that Bitcoin rich list, and you’re right, the numbers are pretty eye-opening. Less than 4.5 million addresses holding more than 0.1 BTC? That’s not as many as one might expect, considering all the buzz surrounding Bitcoin.

In my own experience, I’ve found that while some folks have a good understanding of Bitcoin and even own some, many others are still trying to wrap their heads around it. It’s not exactly the most straightforward concept to grasp, especially for those who aren’t well-versed in technology or finance.

But I believe that as time goes on and more resources become available, more people will start to understand and get involved with Bitcoin. Who knows, maybe in the near future, those numbers on the rich list will look a whole lot different!

Approximately 2.3% of Bitcoin holders possess 1 BTC or more, a considerable sum by most standards. The bulk of holders possess smaller portions, showcasing the widespread ownership of Bitcoin among users.