Watch out for this new scam method

Raven said:
If the scammer has your recovery phrase, they can only access that specific wallet. There’s no way they’d access other wallets without knowing their unique recovery phrases. That’s impossible.

Yeah it’s a clever trick… the scammer was nice enough to explain it.

Raven said:
If the scammer has your recovery phrase, they can only access that specific wallet. There’s no way they’d access other wallets without knowing their unique recovery phrases. That’s impossible.

People need to know that a private key is not the same as a seed phrase, so when you create a new wallet in apps like Phantom or MetaMask, you’re only revealing a new address that uses the SAME seed phrase but with a DIFFERENT private key and you shouldn’t share either.

Raven said:

Would you share pictures from the telegram group and the admin profiles of both the scammer and the administrators? That would help raise awareness.

Raven said:

I deleted Telegram a while back.

Best choice.

Raven said:

Just delete Telegram altogether.

Raven said:

The original poster is like, "So this person lied and tried to scam me, but I asked them to be honest, and then they were. :joy::joy:

Curiosity gave a boost to the scammer.

Nothing wrong with wanting to explore the scam. Just block all DMs from strangers.

Raven said:

All you had to say was ‘someone in a forum group’ and we’d know it’s a scam.

Raven said:

“Forum”
That’s all we need to know.

Raven said:

Should have created a totally new one and asked him to load it with money. LOL

Raven said:

Lol, he lost me at recovery phrase. Thanks for the heads up, though I will never share my phrase, old or new, with anyone, living or dead.

Raven said:

The best way to stay safe from scams is not to chat with people online. It works every time lol.

Raven said:

Best advice is to ignore anyone who DMs you out of the blue on a forum.

Raven said:

This might be how I got scammed on CB wallet. They called me with their CB security scam, I think I was one of the first. They told me I’d been affected by the Ledger hack and that someone was attempting to change my email linked to my CB account. They made me create a new wallet and shift my funds from CB to it. At no point did I share my new 12-word key with them, but they somehow drained my account right after I hung up.

@Jace
Hey, it seems like you might have found a scam too? If that’s the case, please share it in the forums or visit scam-alert.io. For tips on avoiding scams, click here.

I’m a bot, and this was sent automatically. Feel free to contact moderators if you have concerns.

Raven said:

Lol @ ‘new scam’